Our facility has convenient office hours in order to serve you, our customer. However, our office is not open around the clock and is closed on Wednesday and Sunday. That means that you are not always able to come in to the office to make your payments. But that’s no problem – we have many ways you can take care of paying your monthly rent for your self storage unit.
- Pay in the office. You can stop by any time our rental office is open and make your payment directly to the property manager. If you prefer to pay in person and you stop by the facility when the office is closed, you can simply stop back during normal business hours. The office hours are always posted on the office door so you can easily find them. They are also listed on our website.
- Drop payment in the drop box. We know that you cannot always make it to the office when we are open. If you stop by after hours, you can simply drop your check or money order in the payment drop box. Be sure to have your unit number printed legibly on the check or money order, or place it inside an envelope that has the tenant name and unit number written on the outside. Please remember, never put cash in the drop box – only drop off checks or money orders. The property manager will email you a receipt the next business day.
- Call the office to make a payment. That’s right. You can simply give us a call to make a payment. If you call during normal business hours, the property manager will gladly take your payment information over the phone. If you call after hours up until midnight, our call center can take a payment for you. Likewise, when the property manager is on site but isn’t able to answer your call because she is helping a customer on site or over the phone, the call center will answer and can take your payment. The property manager and our call center can email you a receipt for your records when you make phone payments.
- Mail your payment. You can also drop a check or money order in the mail to us. Again, just be sure your name and unit number are written clearly so we can be sure to credit the correct account. Make sure you mail your payment with plenty of time to arrive by the first of the month so you won’t receive any late fees.
- Pay online. You can visit our website and make a payment 24/7. All you need to do is create a free online account and have a credit or debit card for payment. This gives you the ability to manage your account online, set up automatic payments and make one-time payments…all at your fingertips! Many tenants that work multiple jobs, work alternate shifts or are attending school while also working, find this option the most convenient.
A few things you should keep in mind regarding payments; rent is due on the first of the month, anyone can make a payment on your account, never put cash in the drop box and be sure to include the tenant’s name and unit number on checks and money orders. You can always pay early or pay several months in advance if you would like. Late fees begin to accrue on the sixth of the month, so be sure to pay on time. If you are someone who just isn’t good with dates or tends to let things slip your mind, setting up an online account with automatic payments would make the most sense for you.
Occasionally our office may be closed during normal business hours. Inclement weather is normally the culprit on these instances. However, there may be an unforeseen circumstance that prevents the property manager from being on site. There are also company events that occur a few times a year that will keep the property manager off site. In these instances, we make our best effort to post a note on the office door alerting you to the closure and noting when the office will reopen. Regardless of an event such as this, your payment is still due on the first.
If you have any questions about making payments, you can read one of our previous blogs, “Here’s the 411 on Making Payments…” which explains all the methods of payment you can use, call the property manager or contact us for more information. As always, we appreciate your business and thank you for storing with 140 Mini Storage!