You are renting a self storage unit to keep your house organized and de-cluttered. You only visit it when you need seasonal decorations or the summer toys. In fact, it can be so hassle free that you sometimes forget you rented a unit! In the busy days we live in, you may forget to make a monthly payment here and there. Things like this can easily slip your mind and get missed, and make you feel panicked and worried. Take a deep breath and follow these instructions to fix the delinquent payment on your account.
As soon as you notice that you missed a payment, call your property manager. He or she is always happy to speak with you and assist you in any manner. Pay as quickly as you can to avoid accruing late fees on your account. Late fees at our facility start after the 15th of the month. In order to avoid additional late fees, you need to make a full payment immediately.
There are several convenient payment methods:
- Call your Property Manager and make a payment over the phone with your credit or debit card. If you call after business hours, you can still make a payment with our after hours counselors. Please note, the after hours counselors operate Monday-Friday 8am-12am, Saturday 8am-10pm and Sunday 10am-8pm. They are also closed on major holidays.
- Pay at the rental office with cash, check or your credit or debit card and pay in person during regular business hours.
- Make a payment online by simply visiting the website and utilizing the payment portal with a credit or debit card.
- Arrange an automatic payment that will be withdrawn from your checking account on the 1st of every month. Using auto pay is a great way to avoid any late fees.
- Mail your payment (check or money order) to the rental office. Do not mail cash! This is not ideal if you are already late, as mailing your payment can take a great deal of time. The US Postal Service recommends mailing payments 5 to 7 days in advance, so if you are already past your due date, mailing a payment will most likely earn you a late fee.
Remember, late fees begin to accrue on your account starting after the 15th of the month and can add up quickly. After 30 days past due, your account is considered to be in default, access is denied to your storage unit, a lien letter is sent to you and the auction process begins. We both want to avoid an auction. Partial payments are not accepted. You must pay the rental amount plus late fees in full.
Having a missed payment every now and then is not the end of your world. You can even avoid late fees if you pay by the 5th of the month. If you have any questions about making payments, you can contact us at any time or give our helpful property manager a call.