If you own a home, you likely will restore or transform a room, or two in your home at some point. Depending in how large your home is, and if you have any rooms that are not being used. Which is typically unlikely, you need more space to tackle this type of project. That is where using self storage can come in handy and will help you out beginning to end.
As a first step, you will most likely have plans drawn up by a contractor or a family member or friend who has restoration experience. Then you will make a list of what you need to buy, what you need to throw away and what items you still would like in your newly restored space. When the day comes to start purchasing materials and supplies, it will probably dawn on you that you have no good place to keep all this stuff before or during the restoration! Rather than getting frustrated, rent a storage unit to make your project more organized and the whole process less stressful.
There are many benefits to using a self storage unit during a restoration project in your home or business:
- You will have a nice, clean, secure place to put all the materials and supplies as you buy them.
- Before you plan to start, move everything out of the room you are working on so it is out of the way. Your furniture and other valuables will be in a safe place where you have no worries about ruining them. Paint just seems to magically end up everywhere. Right? It sometimes seems impossible and makes no sense when you find paint spots on things nowhere near where you painted. Prevent that by keeping all your belongings in storage while you work.
- This also means you will not get dust and debris from the restoration on your furniture or valuable items. You will have enough cleaning to do when the work is done, so not having to worry about your furniture is a plus!
- Having an empty room while you’re working also helps and gives you room to organize your supplies ahead of time in you storage unit will give you plenty of room to move around. You can bring home only the supplies you need. One day can be painting; the next will be the light fixtures and then flooring. More planning and less stress means little or no fighting about things with your significate other.
- You can rent a self storage unit on a monthly basis, with no long-term contracts. This gives you the freedom to keep the storage unit only as long as you need it, or for months or years to come if you decide to move right on to the next room and the next until you transform your entire house!
- Once the work is completed and your new room is ready to set up, you can simply visit your storage unit and bring everything back that you need.
- And, if you have leftover items after you’re finished that just don’t fit the new room’s motif, you can keep them in your storage unit until you decide to donate them, give them to a family member or friend, or throw them away.
As you can see, using a self storage unit during restorations at your home comes with many bonuses. I’m sure that after the project wraps up you will feel that getting your self storage unit was well worth it. If you have any questions about using self storage to help transform a room in your home, you can contact us or ask any of our knowledgeable property manager. And, if you are ready to start your next restoration project, you can rent a storage unit online 24/7 and get started today!